Friday, February 17, 2017

Scrappy Project Planner Sew Along :: Patchwork Tulip





Good morning! Have you been following along with the Scrappy Project Planner Sew Along? It's a sew along with Lori Holt and Fat Quarter Shop where every week one pattern from the Scrappy Project Planner is featured. As always it's been fun seeing what other people are making. I really love Lori's planner. It took me a little bit to work up the nerve to write in it because it's so cute! I love the section on scrap organization!


This week's pattern is the Patchwork Tulip. This is Lori's quilt above. Isn't it so pretty!?! Full of happy scrappy colors. I love it!!!


I made 4 blocks for a wall quilt. I used my favorite Lori Holt/Bee in My Bonnet fabrics! Lots of Sew Cherry1 & 2 in there. I used this pretty green Sew Cherry print for the border but I just wasn't settled on it. I let it sit overnight and decided to take the borders off and use the red gingham from Sew Cherry instead.



I think it would have looked good both ways.


But this red gingham and blue with cherries combo has me really happy right now. Where are my heart eye emoji's? :)



Lori's patterns are always so clever and easy to follow. The planner and accessories have been really special for me because I am a list maker but have never had a planner. It's really nice to have all my quilt lists in one place and have a plan for them. The patterns included in the planner are all scrappy and fun!


Check out what the other bloggers are making for the sew along! Thanks so much to Fat Quarter Shop for including me.

5 comments:

Lori Holt said...

Erin! This is so cute.
I love that you made a mini from the tulips:)
Thanks so much for taking a turn in the sew along!!!
xx
Lori

Little Quiltsong said...

This is beautiful!! Love the red gingham as a border - now spring can come :)!!

Jenny said...

These tulips are adorable! Do you think a beginner could do this pattern?

Podunk Pretties said...

You can't go wrong with gingham, it turned out simply adorable!

hallsarah204@gmail.com said...

it seems to me that http://onlineclassmentor.com/blog/jack-london-one-of-the-best-novelists can help decorate your blog with texts. I think it's cool to be

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...